Learning Outcomes | Competences
- Operate and control the proper pace of the casino game roulette.
- Operate and control the proper pace of the casino game blackjack.
- Operate and control the proper pace of the casino game 5 card poker.
- Observe, collect and pay bets for casino customers.
- Maintain high casino standards.
- Provide a pleasant gaming experience to the casino clients.
- Demonstrate the casino procedures to open and close tables at the end of a game.
- Analyze and evaluate the casino games roulette, blackjack, and 5 card poker that are dealt smoothly and professionally according to the rules and casino procedures.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among casino staff.
- Plan work and carry out casino tasks on roulette, blackjack and 5 card poker without detailed instructions.
- Produce accurate, professional croupier work.
- Adapts well to changing casino procedures, priorities, deadlines and directions.
- Notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
- Analyzes current casino game procedures for possible improvements.
Learning Outcomes | Knowledge
- Show an understanding of how to operate and control roulette by following the rules and procedures of a land based casino.
- Show an understanding of how to operate and control blackjack by following the rules and procedures of a land based casino.
- Show an understanding of how to operate and control 5 card poker by following the rules and procedures of a land based casino.
- Identify roulette payouts.
- Identify blackjack payouts.
- Identify 5 card poker payouts.
- The student identifies that the games are running smoothly and professionally.
- Define the rules and procedures of the casino games.
- Be proficient in the understanding of working in a casino.
- Show the understanding of the relationship between the croupier and inspector.
Learning Outcomes | Skills
- Perform general duties of a croupier.
- The learner is able to use mental arithmetic and quick reckoning summations whilst dealing roulette, blackjack and 5 card stud poker.
- The learner is able to explain the rules of the casino games to the customers and colleagues.
- Integrates learning from various casino games / casino procedures.
- Completes casino tasks on time and with care.
- Follows routines and instructions without supervision.
- Welcomes new casino tasks and seeks new opportunities for learning new casino games.
- Investigates and obtains casino gaming information independently.
- Selects appropriate research procedures and uses them effectively.
Learning Outcomes | Specific Learner Skills
- Inspect cards for damaged or marked cards.
- Appreciate croupier progress and recognise the client’s positive expectations.
- Identify the influencing factors to achieve positive achievements from the casino clients.
- Evaluate the casino game to suit the best value for the croupier’s hand against the client’s hand.
- Keep the inspector informed if a particular situation arises.
Learning Outcomes | Digital Skills and Competences
- Establish a communication channel with the inspector.
- Pay attention to the customer’s requests.
- Maintain a dialogue without imposing anything on the customer’s decision.
- Co-operate with the inspector and pitboss.
Total Learning Hours
Contact hours: 15
Supervised Placement and Practice Hours: 210
Study Hours: 120
Assessment Hours: 5
Total Learning Hours: 350
Teaching, Learning and Assessment Procedures
The mode of teaching consists of practical sessions and lecturers. The mode of assessment consists of practical one to one assessment and written examination.