Learning Outcomes | Competences
- Operate and control the proper pace of the casino game roulette.
- Operate and control the proper pace of the casino game blackjack.
- Operate and control the proper pace of the casino game 5 card poker.
- Observe, collect and pay bets for casino customers.
- Maintain high casino standards.
- Provide a pleasant gaming experience to the casino clients.
- Demonstrate the casino procedures to open and close tables at the end of a game.
- Analyze and evaluate the casino games roulette, blackjack, and 5 card poker that are dealt smoothly and professionally according to the rules and casino procedures.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among casino staff.
- Plan work and carry out casino tasks on roulette, blackjack and 5 card poker without detailed instructions.
- Produce accurate, professional croupier work.
- Adapts well to changing casino procedures, priorities, deadlines and directions.
- Notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
- Analyzes current casino game procedures for possible improvements.
Learning Outcomes | Knowledge
- Show an understanding of how to operate and control roulette by following the rules and procedures of a land based casino.
- Show an understanding of how to operate and control blackjack by following the rules and procedures of a land based casino.
- Show an understanding of how to operate and control 5 card poker by following the rules and procedures of a land based casino.
- Identify roulette payouts.
- Identify blackjack payouts.
- Identify 5 card poker payouts.
- The student identifies that the games are running smoothly and professionally.
- Define the rules and procedures of the casino games.
- Be proficient in the understanding of working in a casino.
- Show the understanding of the relationship between the croupier and inspector.
Learning Outcomes | Skills
- Perform general duties of a croupier.
- The learner is able to use mental arithmetic and quick reckoning summations whilst dealing roulette, blackjack and 5 card stud poker.
- The learner is able to explain the rules of the casino games to the customers and colleagues.
- Integrates learning from various casino games / casino procedures.
- Completes casino tasks on time and with care.
- Follows routines and instructions without supervision.
- Welcomes new casino tasks and seeks new opportunities for learning new casino games.
- Investigates and obtains casino gaming information independently.
- Selects appropriate research procedures and uses them effectively.
Learning Outcomes | Specific Learner Skills
- Inspect cards for damaged or marked cards.
- Appreciate croupier progress and recognise the client’s positive expectations.
- Identify the influencing factors to achieve positive achievements from the casino clients.
- Evaluate the casino game to suit the best value for the croupier’s hand against the client’s hand.
- Keep the inspector informed if a particular situation arises.
Learning Outcomes | Digital Skills and Competences
- Establish a communication channel with the inspector.
- Pay attention to the customer’s requests.
- Maintain a dialogue without imposing anything on the customer’s decision.
- Co-operate with the inspector and pitboss.
Total Learning Hours
Teaching, Learning and Assessment Procedures
The mode of teaching consists of practical sessions and lecturers. The mode of assessment consists of practical one to one assessment and written examination.